Advisory for Conestogo Lake, Ontario
[Return to Ontario | Return to province list]
Blue-Green algae has been found at Conestogo Lake.
This algae produces a toxin that can cause illness, including itchy eyes and skin, flu-like symptoms and liver damage.
We recommend the following precautions:
Don not swim in the lake
Keep children and pets away from the lake
Avoid contact with the algae and the water
Do not eat fish from the lake
Do not use the water for drinking or any other purpose (boiling the water will not make it safe to drink)